City of Chicago official Christmas tree nomination deadline Friday – WLS-TV
CHICAGO (WLS) —
Friday is the deadline for nominations for this year’s official City of Chicago Christmas tree.
If selected, the owners of the winning tree get to “flip the switch” to light the tree in Daley Plaza during the week of Thanksgiving.
Applicants are encouraged to briefly explain why their tree should be selected and provide its age and history. Applications must also meet the following requirements:
- Trees must be at least 55 feet tall.
- Spruce or fir trees are best. Pine trees are ineligible, since they are not sturdy enough.
- Trees must be located within 100 miles of the Loop.
- All submissions must include three photographs: one from afar and two up close.
- The nomination must include the owner’s name, address and contact information.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
ATTN: Christmas Tree Submission
78 E. Washington St.
Chicago, IL 60602
The winning tree will be announced in late October.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)